Vineland Blitz Junior Football League (VBJFL) 2020 Covid-19 Program Preparation Plan
As per NJ Executive Order No. 149, issued on May 29, 2020, Governor Murphy permitted high risk contact sports including football and group cheer to resume contact practices and competitions beginning on July 20, 2020. The New Jersey Department of Health provided guidance of safety measures for organizations to follow. Each organization is required to provide a program preparation plan to ensure that social distancing and health and safety protocols are in place and planned.
At Vineland Blitz Football and Cheerleading, your child’s health, safety, and well-being are our number one priority. We have prepared a plan for our coaches and volunteers to follow to ensure that we can begin our season safely. Please remind your child of these practices so we can have a safe and healthy season.
- All coaching staff will be required to wear cloth face coverings.
- Coaches, Athletes, and Volunteers will be screened via a temperature check at the beginning of each practice or game. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 shall not be permitted to participate. If any individual develops symptoms of COVID-19 during the activity, they should promptly inform organizers and must be removed from the activity and return home.
- Close contact activities such as spitting, handshakes, and high fives will be discouraged.
- Athletes and coaches will be reminded to adhere to social distancing while not actively involved in practice activities (i.e., on the bench, sidelines, post event huddle)
- Mixing of groups will be disallowed and each grouping will remain with the same coaching staff and athletes as per the guidelines during pre-season.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for athletes, coaches, and available at the concession stand.
- All athletes, coaches, and volunteers should bring their own water and drinks to activities. Team water coolers for sharing through disposable cups are not permitted.
- Shared equipment (i.e. balls, pom poms) will be sanitized frequently, and sanitizing wipes and spray will be available to do so.
- Visitors and spectators must wear face coverings at all times, unless doing so would inhibit the individual’s health or the individual is under the age of two.
- Spectators should bring their own chairs and adhere to social distancing of six feet apart from others not included in your party when placing their chair in the sideline viewing area.
- Athletes are encouraged to wear cloth or disposable face coverings when not engaging in vigorous activity, such as sitting on the bench, interacting with coaches, etc. Face coverings should NOT be worn by staff or athletes when engaging in high intensity aerobic or anaerobic workouts.
- Stunt groups for cheerleading will remain the same throughout the season.
Vineland Blitz Liability Waiver:
Vineland Blitz Liability Waiver (Please Print and Bring to 1st Practice and Camp)