NFL Flag Rulebook and Playbooks Waivers Cheer Coaching Applications & Forms Fall Football and Cheer Registration Next Steps Signup Genius
NFL Flag Rulebook and Playbooks
NFL Flag Resources
- Click to download the NFL Flag Rulebook
- Click to download the NFL Flag Playbook
- Click to download the NFL Flag Situational Playbook
Blitz Special NFL Flag Rules
- Extra points are returnable for 2 points
- On 4th down of a first down try, a team may elect to go for it and take the result of the play or they may "punt" in which case the opposing team takes possession on their own 5-yard line
- Contact and roughness penalties will be enforced
- 20-minute running halves – 5-minute halftime
- Unlimited rushers from 7 yards
- Ball must pass through legs on snap
- Dropped snap can be picked up as long as it's safe. If defender is close and collision is imminent, it's a dead play.
- 30 second play-clock will be enforced.
- All levels are 5v5 unless a team doesn't have at least 5 players. Then the game will be 4v4. Taxi, PW, and JV games can be played 6v6 if both teams have enough players and both coaches agree.
- Unsportsmanlike penalties will be enforced. (showboating, pointing, trash-talking, etc.)
- Flags and Belts must be cut/taped to proper length. Any player with possession of the ball and uncompliant flags/belts, will result in dead play, ball returning to line of scrimmage, and loss of down.
Taxi Only Special Rules:
- There are no “no-run zones”. Teams can use pass or run plays.
- There is no pass rush on the QB. Defensive players can only cross the line of scrimmage to rush once a handoff has occurred.
Coaching Applications & Forms
Fall Football and Cheer Registration Next Steps